Slider & Glider Windows -- 2 Locations in Berwyn & Oak Brook, IL.
Serving Cicero, Oak Park, Riverside, Westchester & The Chicagoland Area
Sliding or glider windows slide open horizontally from left or right, resembling a patio door and offer a modern style or a contemporary look for your home. If you’re looking for an easy opening, low maintenance, no-nonsense window, a sliding window is your perfect solution. The sleek, clean lines of sliding or glider windows offer a contemporary yet functional window design. Engineered for effortless operation, the slider’s brass wheels glide gently along a horizontal monorail track to create a clear and wide opening for exceptional vertical views.
Sliding or glider windows come in many shapes and sizes with a single slide or multi-slide design. These windows last a very long time, unlike other window varieties, there are very few moving parts on a sliding window. Sliding or glider windows utilize a compact horizontal design to let in lots of light and air while keeping your energy bill down. Many homeowners in the Chicagoland area use this horizontal design for rooms with low ceilings or smaller compact spaces where you don’t want your window taking up too much space. They also love the aspect that slider or glider windows offer an easy cleaning solution, by simply unlocking the lifting tab for the sash to snap out for safe cleaning from inside your home, eliminating the need to clean your windows from the outside. Sliding or glider windows are available in a wide variety of colors, along with wood grain varieties. The natural look of a sliding window means you never have to worry whether you have a modern or classic style; It looks great in whatever style home you have and upgrades any space.
Traditionally sliding or glider windows are two sashes sliding horizontally next to each other, but at Air-Tite Window & Siding Specialists, Inc., we can offer our homeowners a unique and self-created option of having a picture window with a slider on each side of the picture window to expand the classic look of a picture window.
Add value to your home with new sliding or glider replacement windows from Air-Tite Window & Siding Specialists, Inc., as we have been helping homeowners with all of their home improvement projects since 1978. We are the replacement windows installation experts in the Chicagoland area, as our crews are highly skilled and can even install your new sliding or glider windows in the winter!
SLIDING & GLIDER WINDOW BENEFITS
- Virtually maintenance free
- Our specialty coatings harness the sun’s UV rays to loosen dirt so water can rinse it away with ease.
- All of our grid patterns are installed between the glass for easy, maintenance-free cleaning
- Never need painting and won’t peel, blister, flake, bubble, rot or corrode
- Decades of experience in the window industry to develop a trusted and durable window design
- Insulated with special environmentally-friendly gases to increase thermal ratings.
- Energy rigid thermal reinforcement weatherstripping to create an air and watertight seal to prevent pesky drafts and water intrusion. Keep the elements outside.
- Specialty microscopic glass coatings reduce ultraviolet (UV) light transmission to resist against temperatur transfer, that act as a filter against weather elements for greater energy efficiency.
- Double or triple pane glass gives you added protection against the weather elements.
- ENERGY STAR® standards are met or exceeded with our sliding or glider windows.
- Modern window designs and options to update your homes style.
- Architectural design styles to match historic buildings and homes.
- Multiple custom interior and exterior trim colors, including woodgrain and designs reminiscent of traditional wood windows to match the style of your home.
- Custom shapes and sizes to fit any window opening in your home.